Friday, May 20, 2011

How I Feel About Housekeeping...

I have to start out saying that I feel like writing to Ellen deGeneres and asking her for help, or maybe that guy who fixes up the houses for pitiful people. That show that is really sickening, where a crowd of people yell, "MOVE THAT BUS!" and then everyone cries...I hate shows with fake sentimentality and floods of tears. Yuck. I prefer the murders and clues that include blood spray. That should give you a clue about how I feel about housekeeping. Somebody always has to clean up the damn blood spray after those guys measure it, etc. Somebody has to clean up the blood spray here, too, but only occasionally.

We live in an old, small, crumbly house out in the country. Now, that might sound idyllic to a few idiots in the world. I have to say that there are not many muggings here, not many people stealing your purse, nor anyone hijacking your old, rattling vehicle. I would probably just give them the keys and walk on home, only to find that I had given them my house key, too. Then I would have to break in the damn window yet again, and my husband, who cusses a whole lot louder and with a much worse vocabulary than I, would have to repair the window with some plexiglass someone swapped him once for a battery cable. He'd finish off the job with part of a Dr. Pepper carton and some duct tape. The whole house is actually a miracle held together with duct tape and dirt.

Helpful Housekeeping Tip:  If you think you should be doing something associated with housekeeping, go begin a new blog.  The feeling will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment